Finally, your body skin is sporting cool tattoo designs that you have had in your mind for a month. But now what is your next step? How do you look after your new tattoo? Here’s in this article we discussed everything about tattoo aftercare instructions.
- Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
- Things must Avoid preventing the damage of your tattoo
- How can you make your tattoo heal faster?
- What lotion can you use on your new tattoo?
- Hustle Butter Deluxe
- Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion
- Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Billy Jealousy Tattoo Lotion
- Extra-Virgin USDA-Organic Coconut Oil
- When should you start using lotion on a new tattoo?
- What happens if you put too much lotion on a tattoo?
- How to Sleep With Tattoo on the First Night
Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
For your new tattoo care, you have to follow all the tattoo aftercare instructions strictly. Because by doing this you could protect your skin from infection. You should treat your tattoo ink similarly to that way you had to handle a burn or cut. All of the following things you need to know about tattoo aftercare.
- Make sure that your tattoo artists wrap your tattoo nicely.
- After an hour or two hours remove your wrapping carefully.
- Never, touch your tattoo without wash your hand.
- Definitely, use anti-bacterial liquid soap to wash your tattoo
- Only use your hand to clean your tattoo. Don’t use a cloth or anything else that could exfoliate your new tattoo.
- After wash pat your tattoo with tissue paper.
- Don’t bandage your tattoo after wash, because your tattoo needs to breathe.
- Use lotion to keep your tattoo moisture.
- After touching the tattoo, don’t place your fingers into the tattoo aftercare ointment.
- Try to apply a thin layer of lotion on your tattoo. And also make a routine to wash, dry and apply tattoo aftercare products on a daily basis.
- Make sure to apply tattoo aftercare lotion daily, at least 3 to 5 times.
- For the first 2 weeks trying to wear soft and clean cloth.
- In the case of leg tattoo, if you want to wear shoes firstly you must wrap your tattoo in saran wrap then cover with a clean cotton sock before putting your foot into the shoe. You should avoid sandals for a couple of weeks.
- To lower swelling, you could Ice your tattoo and also elevate your tattoo
Related – Realistic tattoo for your next tattoo
Things must Avoid preventing the damage of your tattoo
- Don’t scratch, slap, pick, peel irritate or rub your tattoo
- Avoid shower, soaking, swimming for a couple of days.
- At least for 2 to 3 weeks don’t expose your tattoo in front of sunlight.
- Avoid wearing jewelry, abrasive materials or shoes that could rub your tattoo.
- Wash your gym equipment before using them.
- Don’t use Vaseline on your tattoo place, because for using Vaseline air cannot enter into the areas of your tattoo. Therefore tattoo area cannot receive adequate oxygen, which may cause tattoo infection and which could delay the time of the tattoo healing process. Vaseline is only useful during having a shower with a tattoo because at that time it helps to protect your tattoo from the water.
Related – Unique tribal tattoo designs
How can you make your tattoo heal faster?
After completing the whole process of your tattooing, you may have one question in your mind that how long do tattoos take to heal? Actually, the time of the tattoo healing process depends on how well you care about your new tattoo. But, in general, 6 month is essential to complete the healing process. You can also use tattoo healing cream to heal your tattoo easily, in this 6 month. If you properly care your tattoo, your tattoo will be healed fully within 4 to 6 weeks. To make your tattoo heal faster you should learn every step of the tattoo healing process. Readout this topic on How to minimize the time of tattoo healing?
What lotion can you use on your new tattoo?
After getting your tattoo, you must use tattoo aftercare products. Every person skin is different. Natural aftercare process of tattoo becomes more popular day by day. Tattoo aftercare coconut oil and cocoa butter are a great choice to use on your tattoo, at the time of your initial tattoo healing process. These products also may cause irritation to a tattoo place, because each person has different skin types.
So, initially, it would be the best option to use tattoo aftercare lotion. And you could use coconut oil after your tattoo begins to scab.
Especially, people like to use that lotion which are fragrance-free and which made without harmful irritants such as alcohol or dyes. People also avoid lotion with a petroleum base. Here we list the name of best tattoo aftercare lotion/ best cream for tattoo aftercare.
Hustle Butter Deluxe
This tattoo aftercare lotion is made with 100% vegan. You can use this safeguard skincare butter before, during and obviously after you get your tattoo. Usually, it helps to moisturize your skin like body lotion. Most of the time professional skilled artists heavily depend on the tattoo aftercare products to reduce swelling and redness. One of the best sides of this tattoo aftercare lotion is that it does not create petroleum build-up and also does not remove stencils.
Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion
This lotion would be the best choice for new tattoo care. It is popular among tattoo lover because this lotion contains healthy ingredients like vitamin B5 to expedite healing after dermal injury and glycerin. This ingredients will helps your skin to maintain the essential moisture levels to heal your tattoo ink perfectly. Also, it is
dermatologist-tested and fragrance-free lotion.
Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment
Tattoo aftercare Aquaphor lotion is highly recommended by both tattoo artists and dermatologists. This lotion is medicated to seal soothe and cuts any discomfort in tattoo affected area. Basically, this lotion creates a strong barrier between bacteria and skin. The barrier of this lotion helps to prevent the spreading of any tattoo infection.
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Most importantly, this lotion work as a protective barrier opposed to dangerous potential irritants, therefore it is so effective for a fresh tattoo. Furthermore, it is also dermatologist-recommended and fragrance-free lotion.
Billy Jealousy Tattoo Lotion
Without striping artwork, this lotion helps to exfoliate and polishes your skin. It also helps to remove dead skin cells.
Extra-Virgin USDA-Organic Coconut Oil
If you like a natural product to protect your new tattoo, this organic coconut oil would be the best option for tattoo aftercare instructions. It will help your tattoo to hydrate naturally.
Related – Best tattoo shop in the world
Related – Small Heart Tattoo
When should you start using lotion on a new tattoo?
In tattoo aftercare instructions we recommend you to continue the washing process of your tattoo with warm water and soap. But you cannot wash your tattoo frequently until complete your tattoo healing process. After every wash, you should let your tattoo to dry completely after then you can use tattoo aftercare lotion. For the first 1 to 2 weeks you should use tattoo aftercare ointments after then you can switch to your regular lotion.
What happens if you put too much lotion on a tattoo?
If you use too much lotion on your tattoo, it will cause your tattoo to push out too much tattoo ink, it will also cause to slow down your tattoo healing process. Your skin will also scab heavy and affected by an allergic rash. So, you should follow tattoo aftercare instructions before applying tattoo aftercare lotion.
How to Sleep With Tattoo on the First Night
Most of the tattoo artists recommend to leave the tattoo bandage on overnight, to keep your tattoo protected. But, for your tattoo, you must follow your tattoo artist advice.
It should be noted that after having a tattoo for a couple of night you should sleep on the opposite side of your tattoo
If you follow all the tattoo aftercare instructions which are discussed above, your tattoo will be healed quickly without affecting with any infection. Please feel free for your further inquiry. You can also share your experience by commenting below on our comment box.